THAI + CURRY
This is my take on a Thai curry delicately flavoured with lemon grass and coconut curry. It’s fragrant and full of flavour with packes with vegetables , smoked roasted peanuts and topped with fresh ginger.
Thai + Curry
By FRESHLY MADE
Chicken thighs or breast (I always go free range or organic)
Red peppers 1/2
Lime zest and juice 1/2
01. Grate garlic, ginger and lemon grass add to bowel of crushed peppercorns, soy, fish sauce and tablespoon of sesame oil. Mix until it becomes a loose paste.
Top tip: add a splash of water if paste is too thick
02. Smother chicken with paste and leave in fridge min for hour for max flavour overnight.
03. Put rice onto boil. I always bring to boil then rinse until water runs clear, then leave a little water lid on and temperature low. Leave to steam for further 15-20mins.
04. In a pan lightly brown chicken, then add coconut milk. Leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
05. Slice shallots, carrots, mushrooms, bok choy, broccoli, red peppers and green chillis add to chicken and simmer for a further 5-10 minutes.
06. On a baking tray roast peanuts until golden and add at the last minute with coriander and lime zest and a splash of lime juice.
Serve with rice and top with a hit of freshly grated ginger.